The course ‘Elements of Mechanical Engineering’ aims at introducing principles of energy resources, thermodynamics, prime movers, pumps, materials science & composites, mechanical design, power transmission, manufacturing techniques (metal cutting, joining & foundry), mechatronics, 3D printing, robotics, electric mobility and applications.
This course integrates the laboratory component into the theory enabling students to understand the working and application of various mechanical systems. Students belonging to all branches of engineering are introduced to fundamental topics related to mechanical engineering.
This course also aims at developing skills by using workshop tools, equipment’s and materials to create various physical models. The course deals with basic manufacturing processes like fitting, sheet metal work, welding, soldering, machining, carpentry, casting and smithy useful for industries.
Course Aim & Summary:
The course aims at introducing engineering graphics as a language of engineers for universal communication. This course covers orthographic projections of points, lines, planes and solids. It also deals with development of surfaces and isometric projections of planes and solids. Students solve problems using manual sketching and professional CAD software for modelling and assembly of simple engineering components from various engineering domains. They work in teams to develop conceptual designs for an identified need
- Teacher: Saravana Bavan
The course will enable the students to:
· Understand basics of Automobile Engineering & various Automotives system.
· Understand vehicle layout, vehicle specifications & important of automobile.
· Make the student conversant with drive train & transmission.
· Make the student conversant with Suspension, Steering, Brakes systems & Tyre Wheel assembly.
· Make the student conversant with Vehicle Maintenance & Garage Practice.
· Understand the various Automobile Electrical System, Vehicle performance & their safety.
After completion of the course student would be able to
· Handle technical & management problems in automotive industries.
· Diagnosis the faults of automobile vehicles.
· Understand various transmission systems, Suspension, brakes, Vehicle Performance, Vehicle Safety.
The course will enable the students to:
· Appreciate the fundamental principles of Fluid Mechanics
· Study of working principle of various components used in hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
· Select different components used in hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
· Design of hydraulic and pneumatic circuits.
Understand industrial applications of hydraulic and pneumatic circuits.
· At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
· Understanding operating principles and constructional features of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
· Knowledge with selection of hydraulic / pneumatic components
· Understanding of designing and layout of Hydraulic Power package and trouble shooting.
- Teacher: ENG18AS0006 BISHIKA ALAY
- Teacher: dsu18ca1 CHINMAYA KUMAR KUPANOOR
- Teacher: Abhishek ENG18AS0001
- Teacher: Aishwarya ENG18AS0002
- Teacher: Anurag Prasad ENG18AS0004
- Teacher: DSU18 ENG18AS0005
- Teacher: dsu18pa3 ENG18AS0007
- Teacher: Darshan T N ENG18AS0010
- Teacher: Dishana ENG18AS0011
- Teacher: Gabriel Peter ENG18AS0012
- Teacher: GIRISHA B B ENG18AS0013
- Teacher: Gourav ENG18AS0014
- Teacher: Dsu18cb4 ENG18AS0015
- Teacher: Komal ENG18AS0016
- Teacher: maruthi ENG18AS0018
- Teacher: Manoj k ENG18AS0019
- Teacher: Meet Vachhani ENG18AS0020
- Teacher: dsu18c ENG18AS0021
- Teacher: VEERA RAGHU ENG18AS0022
- Teacher: Nandan Tej.S ENG18AS0023
- Teacher: NANDHAN M ENG18AS0024
- Teacher: Nikitha ENG18AS0025
- Teacher: pavan.s Eng18AS0027
- Teacher: Pratheek ENG18AS0028
- Teacher: R Bhuvan ENG18AS0029
- Teacher: Rakshitha b ENG18AS0030
- Teacher: Reshma G ENG18AS0032
- Teacher: Rishabsai Wazarkar ENG18AS0033
- Teacher: santhosh ENG18AS0035
- Teacher: SAYAN MONDAL ENG18AS0036
- Teacher: SHAHID SHAH SH ENG18AS0037
- Teacher: Sheetal ENG18AS0038
- Teacher: Simrithss ENG18AS0039
- Teacher: SYED FARAZ MOIN ENG18AS0040
- Teacher: Thanya A N ENG18AS0041
- Teacher: Utkarsh patel ENG18AS0042
- Teacher: Vinayak ENG18AS0043
- Teacher: Vinay kumar ym ENG18AS0044
- Teacher: dsu18cb4 ENG18AS0045
- Teacher: VISHRUDH ENG18AS0046
- Teacher: Yaseer Meera ENG18AS0047
- Teacher: Harshitha ENG19AS1003
- Teacher: dsu18cb3 GOURAV NAND TIWARY M
- Teacher: Prashantha Kumar
- Teacher: dsu18cb3 KUMAR HARIJAN
- Teacher: DSU18 PAVAN KUMAR J V
- Teacher: Kartik Tandel